You’re exploring a virtual land filled with dynamic animations, interactive forms, and real-time updates, much like the enchanting landscapes of fantasy novels.
Every click and interaction unveils a new layer of this digital tapestry, and you’re left mesmerized.
Embark with us on a journey through the enchanted forests of JS, where we demystify this potent scripting language, and discover the power it holds over the web!
In the midst of the ’90s, as the digital age was gaining momentum, Netscape Navigator was the dominating web browser.
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language): This is the skeleton of a web page; it provides structure and content.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): This serves as the wardrobe, styling, and beautifying the webpage.
Recommended: Full Stack Web Development
1. Interactivity and Dynamic Content
Our online experiences would be vastly more static and less responsive to user input without it.
2. Versatility Across Platforms
3. Access to a Rich Ecosystem
Popular libraries like jQuery simplify DOM manipulation, while frameworks like React, Angular, and Vue help build robust and scalable applications.
4. Integration with Web APIs
5. Cross-Browser Compatibility
Recommended: Save 15% Off Tuition and Learn to Code
6. Key to Modern Web Development Paradigms
This technology underpins the entire concept of single-page applications (SPAs) and many modern web app architectures.
7. Boosts Performance with Client-Side Scripting
- Variables: Consider them tiny memory boxes; they store data like numbers, strings, or boolean values.
- Functions: These are sets of instructions bundled under a specific name. They can take input, process it, and return an output.
- Objects: Collections of related data and functions (which we refer to as properties and methods, respectively).
This is where Tech Talent & Strategy (TTS), an experienced tech recruitment agency, steps in. At TTS, we believe in empowering individuals with the magic of technology. We’re driven by the mission of fostering a community of thinkers, creators, dreamers, and doers.
Contact us today! We provide talent solutions across Atlanta. Hire talent, get hired, or start a partnership.
Are you ready to level up your marketing game? If so, listen up because we’re about to drop some knowledge bombs on you. Get ready to take your marketing skills to the next level because we’re launching a brand spanking new, 10-week, digital marketing course that’s live, but remote. That’s right, you can learn all the ins and outs of digital marketing from the comfort of your own home.
In today’s fast-paced, always-on world, having a solid digital marketing strategy is crucial for businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re a startup looking to disrupt an industry or a large corporation trying to stay ahead of the competition, digital marketing can help you achieve your goals.
Check out some digital marketing pro tips (which we’ll be covering in the course by the way)!
- Define your target audience: It’s essential to know who your ideal customers are before you start marketing to them. Spend some time researching and identifying your target audience’s demographic, interests, and behavior online. Once you have a clear understanding of your audience, tailor your digital marketing strategies to reach and engage them effectively.
- Use social media platforms strategically: Social media platforms can be an effective way to reach and engage with your target audience. However, it’s essential to use them strategically. Choose the platforms where your target audience is most active and create content that is relevant and engaging for them. Remember to use social media analytics to track the performance of your content and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Optimize your website for search engines: Search engine optimization (SEO) is crucial to ensure that your website appears at the top of search engine results when potential customers search for relevant keywords. Make sure that your website is optimized with the right keywords, meta descriptions, alt tags, and other SEO best practices. This will help your website rank higher and attract more organic traffic.
So, what are you waiting for? Join our 10-week digital marketing course and become a master of the online world. Trust us, your future self will thank you for it. Don’t be left behind in the digital dust, sign up now and let’s start creating some killer campaigns.
Betsy Hauser is the CEO & Founder of Tech Talent South (TTS), a WBENC-certified technology recruitment, training, and staffing company that believes in the power of diversity and matching companies to the best talent. Before starting TTS, Betsy ran a Charlotte-based product development company, which merged with innovation giant, Enventys in 2012. Betsy has been named one of Charlotte’s 12 Innovators by Ernst and Young, Most Admired CEO, Woman in Business, Emerging Leader CIO, Charlotte’s Seven to Watch, and Charlotte Business Journal’s 40 under 40.
At Tech Talent South, we are committed to uplifting the voices of those underrepresented in the tech industry. Major tech companies as well as others continue to improve diversity and inclusion among their workforce at a disappointingly slow pace. Despite huge growth in the STEM sector, and particularly in technology-related jobs, people of color continue to be dramatically underrepresented.
This Black History Month, we want to highlight the fight for representation and diversity in the tech industry, and also to stand with those who are innovating and creating positive change.
One way you can support the movement for better representation in tech is by following the folks who are working to effect change in the industry. For that reason, we’d like to share some of the amazing Black folks doing great work in tech and entrepreneurship. From app creators to the founders of nonprofits, we hope you’ll follow and learn from these extraordinary people.
Entering the tech industry can be very exciting and overwhelming at the same time, which means navigating the field can be intimidating, even for experienced programmers. The open-source, community-contributed nature of the industry means that popular software, languages, frameworks, and even roles themselves are constantly changing, which means the only way to stay up-to-date is to spend a lot of time immersing yourself. Thankfully, there are a few resources that make it easy to do just that, regardless of whether or not you’re a seasoned engineer or just trying to break into the field.
For those nerds out there reading this article I need you to know something. Researching this blog post and learning about these women felt like this scene from Avenger’s Endgame.
It happens to everyone; you spend hours – if not days – pouring over your code, tweaking, testing, and re-running your code, only to hit error after error. Finally, you realize you’ve indented a single line of code incorrectly. You are relieved, elated, furious at yourself, and emotionally exhausted. Here’s how to bug fix while maintaining your sanity.
If we know anything about veterans and active military folks, it’s that they are agile and excel in the face of uncertainty. And if we’ve learned one thing in 2020, it’s that we can pretty much count on uncertainty. That’s why we wanted to highlight an extraordinary and (at times) untapped resource for tech talent – military veterans.
It’s no secret that there is a shortage of diverse tech talent – but it’s not for lack of available candidates. So what is actually to blame for the lack of qualified and diverse talent? The hiring process. We’ve identified five ways to boost your talent pipeline with underrepresented people in technology and work within the long-term strategic approach of talent acquisition to drive business value, diversity, and inclusion across your organization.
Have you ever been on the verge of tearing your hair out trying to figure out why a line of code you’re working on is failing? You’ve re-read the code. You’ve checked your quotation marks, semicolons, and variable names. You’ve made sure you’re not missing a bracket. Nothing has helped. It’s time to turn to documentation (insert audible sigh here).
Technical documentation is not always easy to navigate, especially for a new coder. Little of the documentation you find online is written by one person so you can’t get a sense of one person’s writing style and adjust accordingly. Documentation contains jargon newbies may not know yet. Terms used in one language may be used a little differently in another. And, don’t even get me started on the differences in the details of each language like which bracket is used. Given these challenges, I wanted to provide a few tips on reading documentation.